Is there a pop-up appearing on your phone telling you to allow access to the camera and you do not know how to allow access to a camera on Snapchat? only a few quick steps are there that shall help you to resolve it as you keep following!
In a very short span of time this mobile messaging service, Snapchat has become hugely popular, especially amongst the younger crowd. Through this messaging service, many people are exchanging texts, photos, videos, and drawings with one another. Not only this app is free to download but also it is free of charge to use as well. This application is very simple to use. all you got to do is to take a picture using the camera phone and select the recipient from your list of contacts on your phone and set the time (up to 10 seconds) for which you wish the picture to be visible and send. Just like reading any other message, the sender shall be able to see the picture, and once the time limit gets over the picture too automatically get deleted from their phone. This is indeed a great app for keeping in touch with your friends and close ones.
How to allow access to the camera on Snapchat?
You must have noticed that while you are trying to click a picture on Snapchat, a popup appears asking you to allow access to the camera you have been wondering about how to allow access to the camera on Snapchat? be assured that after you perform the few quick steps that have been given below you shall easily be able to resolve this issue.
Snapchat access to camera settings for iPhone
Before going ahead and following any steps it is very important for you to ensure if your phone’s camera has allowed access to Snapchat. Then keep performing the steps that have been mentioned below.
- First, you must go to the settings option
- Now scroll down and click on the option, Snapchat
- You got to make sure the camera button is green which signifies that it has been enabled
Once you have followed these steps you shall find that the camera of your phone is allowing access to Snapchat. Now you shall easily be able to send pictures to your friends.
Snapchat access to camera settings for Android
If you are an android user, you shall be able to allow access to your camera on Snapchat by following the steps that have been mentioned below. Here is one thing that you must also make a note of, this instruction may differ a little based on the model of the phone that you are using and also the software version of it as well. In order to quickly get to the camera permissions, take the help of the search function in the settings of your phone.
- On your phone go to the settings page and click on the option that reads applications
- Now on this application tab click on the option that reads Snapchat
- Once that has been done now click on the next option that reads permissions
- After you have clicked on the option permissions now check if the camera button has been turned green or has been enabled.
As you complete performing these steps you shall see that the camera on your android phone is allowing access to Snapchat.
If you still happen to find that the issue has not got resolved somehow then make sure to perform a few other alternative steps which have been mentioned below.
- Try and restart the app. In order to do this first close the app completely and ensure that nothing is running in the background. Now start the app once more.
- If the issue still persists then clear the cache of your Snapchat app. You shall be able to do this by going into the settings and then clicking on the clear cache option. Now clear the cache or continue.
- There is also a probability that perhaps the Snapchat app has not been updated. Maybe you have been using an older version of the app and this is causing you the trouble of allowing access of the phone’s camera to the Snapchat app. All you got to do is to go to the play store and pull out the Snapchat app and see if an update is available. If it is so then run the update and then try to use the phone camera, it shall surely allow access to the Snapchat app. If it still does not work then delete the Snapchat app and re-download it afresh once more.